Monday, December 16, 2019

The Chronicles of Eagle Feather, Journal entry #2

7th of Rua

This morning I woke up surprisingly well rested after all the alcohol I drank last night, only suffering a slight headache.  I went downstairs to join my companions, Wibbels the Windling Tattoo Artist, Tharik the Dwarven Weapon Smith, and J'aka the T'skrang Thief, having breakfast, as they ask the town elder where the supply shops were in town.  He mentioned Allgoods for supplies and Graka's Hut for potions.

I headed over to Graka's with Wibbels to get some antidotes, seeing as we were to go up against spider-like monsters.  However, as soon as Wibbels get to the Orc's hut, he goes and upsets her by asking her for the recipe instead of the potion she worked hard to make.  I attempted to intervene by saying that we would also buy a antidote.  In the end, not only did we not get beat up, but she consented to sell the recipe and the vial of Kelia's Antidote that she had to us.  In return we promised to collect any of the medicinal plants needed for making it, should we find any, and hand them over upon our return. Then we met up with our the rest of our party who were finishing up there business at Allgoods, where Tharik, seeing me eyeing the Healer's Kits, gave me the remaining five uses of Healer's Kit, a little under two kits worth, so that I wouldn't have to buy any.

Kelia's Antidote: Black Ivy leaves and Windling (toad)Stools

Having finished supplying for our venture, we headed north which is the direction the missing villagers and travelers were last seen heading in.  I attempted to track the monsters, having forgotten that we were told that the missing people were seen heading out of Tureem on their own volition and as if under a spell.  So after J'aka reminded me of this by pointing out the trail of boot prints, leading off into the forest, I started tracking properly.  Unfortunately, so focused was I on doing so, that I failed to notice the monster that lay in wait until it was too late.  It jumped out, sunk it's fangs deeply into me, being in the lead, making me slightly light-headed, so that I was unable to successfully fight off the poison that accompanied the bite.  I became paralyzed, fell flat on my face, and for the rest of the minute of battle, was unable to shake the paralysis and could understand little of the flashes of light I was seeing and the noises I was hearing.

After the battle Wibbels rolled me over, not sure how he managed, being only a foot and a half tall, and fed me the antidote we had bought Tureem, after which Tharik handed me a Health Potion, which I took, and was able to feel almost like my usual self.  I was able to inspect the monster more closely after the battle, and found that the body had crystalline appearance, and the monsters, according to Wibbels, were Horror Constructs, beings that were made by Horrors.  Being more aware of what the monsters we were facing were capable of, we proceeded with more caution.  We followed the trail of boot prints to a cave where we saw barely perceivable movement, which was similar, according to Wibbels and J'aka, to what they saw shortly before the last attack.

J'aka threw a lit torch in an attempt to make the monster easier to see, while Tharik threw one of his Hawk Hatchets, which didn't seem to do much, and Wibbels started his 'thread weaving' in preparation for casting spells.  Then, the monster created a hypnotic type affect which distracted the others, and which I was not effected by.  Wibbels managed to cast a spell he called Phantom Flame, which had a temporarily recurring affect, causing it's target to be magically burned.  Then Tharik threw his other Hawk Hatchet, which, while being well cast, only chipped off a piece of the creatures armor.  I slashed at, and missed, it with my ethereal claws, while J'aka threw his net.  Missing with the net seemed to enrage him, as, when he threw his bolas a moment later, threw it with such force that, not only did it tangle the monsters legs, the bolas also smashed into it with a satisfying 'crunch!'  Seeing the creature helpless, and remembering the indignity that its partner had caused me, I decided to get revenge.  I went in and, with reckless savagery, tore into it with enough force that, with a shriek of triumph, I ripped it in twain.

Upon witnessing the result, I observed that the creature had a crystal core that, when harvested, would fetch a decent price.  So after harvesting it's core, looting the nest of these creatures, and returning to the previous battle site to harvest the other monsters core, we returned to the village, where we received our reward for completing the mission, and, as thanks, more free food, drinks and lodgings.  Before indulging in the promised feast, I preened(cleaned) my feathered armor, then allowed myself to enjoy the festivities.

8th of Rua

Once I woke up I felt fully refreshed and healthy.  I preened my feathers, came down to breakfast, ate heartily with my companions, and by noon we had set off towards Haven.  Close to evening, we reached the outskirts of the town, where we came upon a Troll and a Obsidiman who introduced themselves as Grindel Crystaltusk and Malachite, respectively.  I saw that they both wore blue sashes, which led me to believe that they were part of the same group within the town, which it happen they were, as I later found out.  When they first saw us, they made a bet of two gold pieces that our party wouldn't last two week in Parlainth, and when Wibbels heard this, he asked to be included in on the bet.  Afterwords, we introduced ourselves to them, I doing so by saying, "I go by Eagle Feather, but some just call me annoying," at which point, Grindel said, "Okay, so I'll call you Annoying."  Not what I meant, but who was I to argue with a Troll?  Then they took us on a tour of Haven, pointing out where different groups hung out and where Torgak's Supplies and extravagant inn, The Restless Troll could be found.

Next Several Weeks

We decided to join the faction that Grindel and Malachite where part of, mostly to save silver, and during the next few weeks we learned new skills, improved on the skills we knew, and Circled up.  In this time an old, retired warrior by the name of Rükkholder The Old Sword drilled those of us willing, and able, to learn in the art of using melee weapons.  I am now a Third Circle Beast Master, thanks the those of The Grove willing to impart their wisdom unto me.  I also became interested in questing after Jaspree in the hopes of bettering myself in my craft.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting your Journal Dan, 400 legend points for the journal. The Grove is willing to take you into their order as an initiate. In addition, you've recently found a Barsaivian Great Eagle to attempt to bond with. Your training costs were reduced to half by joining The Grove.

    ReplyDelete